Gokarna is a quaint beach town just 100kms south of Goa in the Uttar Kannada district. What’s better than spending the weekend exploring the many beaches around Gokarna – and more importantly, chilling 😀 ? We will be exploring the famous Kudle and Om beaches (and playing, and chilling) for the first part of the day. After lunch, we climb a small hillock to reach a rock cliff with a gorgeous panoramic view of the beaches & sea. Keep a lookout for the dolphins, as this is one of the best vantage points for a dolphin sighting. We trek down to the Half moon beach for an evening dip and from there to Paradise beach where we play till the sunset. After all this heavy work (We believe play is serious work), we head to our campsite on the Half moon beach which means bonfires and story time! We spend the evening playing games, sharing stories, singing songs and gazing at the stars.
Next morning we wake up early for a dip in the cold sea. After a heavy breakfast, we will be heading off to the amazing (there really is no other word for it) Nirvana beach! Nirvana is an aptly named 8 km long beautiful, untouched beach 20km south of Gokarna. We also go look for a small hidden beach known very mysteriously as the ‘Mystery Cave Beach’. Everyone knows the best sunsets are where the sun dips mesmerizingly into the sea and you’re surrounded by your friends. We head back to Bangalore after you’ve hopefully experienced one of the more memorable sunsets of your life. We reach Bangalore early on Monday morning with memories of beautiful beaches, endless sea & breathtaking sunsets with new friends!
Day 0 (Friday)
- Start from Bangalore at 9 PM in our mini-bus and get to know your fellow travelers
Day 1 (Saturday)
- We start our weekend adventure with a short hike to Kudle beach. Reaching this hippie-heaven calls for a dip in the ocean 🙂
- No visit to Gokarna is complete without the famous Om beach and we visit Om in the proper nomadic fashion, on foot!
- Trek to the small & serene Half moon beach for a refreshing dose of coconut water. If we are lucky, we might get to see a few dolphins from the cliff on the way
- We reach the beautiful Paradise beach near sunset. Watch the sun go down from one of the most secluded beaches of Gokarna
- After a short trek back to our campsite at the Half moon beach, we spend the evening around a bonfire on the beach while singing songs, playing games and sharing stories. We end our day after gorging on some really delicious seafood served under the stars
Day 2 (Sunday)
- Wake up early and head to the beach for a refreshing morning dip
- Have a yummy lunch at the famous Namaste Cafe at Om Beach
- Explore the inroads of the town and buy some souvenirs
- We head to the serene Nirvana beach afterwards and spend the evening playing and exploring this long untouched beach
- Post dinner we will leave for Bangalore to reach back for your Monday morning routine
Cost: ₹ 3,300
This price is inclusive of the whole experience except your meals. We take care of your experience, transportation, and accommodation needs but as Gokarna has a variety of cuisine available, food will be self sponsored.
Things to note
- This is a no frills trip. You will love us if you are looking for an adventurous weekend and making new friends. People looking for a luxury holiday for relaxation, you can give this one a miss.
- All aMadNomad trips follow a strict Leave No Trace policy. Please do not throw any plastic covers, bottles or any other garbage when you are travelling.
- Our bus starts from Kalamandir Bus Stop, Marathahalli and travels via the Outer Ring Road so you can hop on anywhere on the route. You can see the route map by clicking here.
- Cash and ATMs: Although there are ATMs in Gokarna, do carry adequate cash for emergencies.
- Leave your pre-conceived notions behind, travel with an open mind, and you’ll be pleasantly surprised with what you find.
- We strongly recommend that you carry the following with you on the trip. In case you don’t have any of the items mentioned below, please inform us and we will try and arrange it for you.
- Sunscreen, hat
- Trekking Shoes/ Decent Sports Shoes
- Torch with extra batteries (Please avoid using your phones as torches, they drain very fast and then you have neither a torch nor a phone)
- A warm jacket in case it gets cold
- Rainproof clothing in the rainy season
- Insect repellant if you are prone to mosquito bites
- Camera and batteries / charger
- Prescription medicines, if any (And no, ganja is not a medicine :P)
Gokarna was indeed an awesome experience. Believe me, you will forget everything on this earth while you travel with amadnomad.
I have been opening boxes of wonderful surprises the whole weekend.. I planned my Gokarna trip with them on last weekend of February.. n I must say had I not done this, I would missed a lot of fun n enjoyment n many new friends.. A Wonderful chapter of my Travel Diary.. ????