Beyond the Horizon
Steeped in history and natural beauty, and often counted in the most beautiful peaks of the Western Ghats, Kodachadri is one of those peaks which will leave you awestruck.
Located right in the center of the Mookambika National Park of Western Ghats, Kodachadri Trek will amaze you and leave you astounded with the views. You will encounter everything from lush green forests to high waterfalls, a layer of white fluffy clouds below to blue skies, green mountains and veritable forest cover interspersed with luxuriant meadows, and not to forget one of the most beautiful sunsets that you can lay your eyes upon.
Day 0 (Friday)
- Start from Bangalore at 9 PM in our mini-bus and get to know your fellow travelers
Day 1 (Saturday)
- Reach our home-stay early in the morning for a hearty traditional breakfast
- We get our trekking shoes on and start the trek to the waterfalls
- Refresh and re-energize yourself at the spectacular Hidlumane Falls
- Start the uphill climb after the waterfalls and stop for Lunch enroute
- Make your way up to the peak to enjoy the beautiful 360 view from the top
- Watch a glorious sunset from the sunset point
- We ride back to the home-stay in a 4×4 Jeep which is an adventure unto itself
- A dinner, a bonfire and some cozy talks later, we say goodnight to each other
Day 2 (Sunday)
- Have a hearty breakfast cooked lovingly by your hosts at the home-stay
- Leave for Bangalore and stop at Nagara Fort enroute for an awesome photography session
- Reach back to the city by 9PM
Cost: ₹ 4,150/-
This price is all inclusive of the whole experience. We take care of all your meals, transportation, and accommodation needs.
Things to note
- This is a no frills trip. You will love us if you are looking for an adventurous weekend and making new friends. People looking for a luxury holiday for relaxation, you can give this one a miss.
- All aMadNomad trips follow a strict Leave No Trace policy. Please do not throw any plastic covers, bottles or any other garbage when you are travelling.
- Our bus starts from Kalamandir Bus Stop, Marathahalli and travels via the Outer Ring Road so you can hop on anywhere on the route. You can see the route map by clicking here.
- Cash and ATMs: The nearest city to Kodachadri is Shimoga. There are no ATMs in or near Kodachadri, do carry adequate cash for emergencies.
- Leave your pre-conceived notions behind, travel with an open mind, and you’ll be pleasantly surprised with what you find.
- We strongly recommend that you carry the following with you on the trip. In case you don’t have any of the items mentioned below, please inform us and we will try and arrange it for you.
- Sunscreen, hat
- Trekking Shoes/ Decent Sports Shoes
- Torch with extra batteries (Please avoid using your phones as torches, they drain very fast and then you have neither a torch nor a phone)
- A warm jacket in case it gets cold
- Rainproof clothing in the rainy season
- Insect repellent if you are prone to mosquito bites
- Camera and batteries / charger
- Prescription medicines, if any (And no, ganja is not a medicine :P)
“This trek covered almost every aspect of the mother nature, from trek, waterfalls, boat ride, camping beside Sharavathi backwaters under clear night sky full of stars, bonfire night, guitar music to a breathtaking Jeep ride.”
“The group was a diverse yet an extremely fun lot, perfect for my spontaneous trip. A weekend getaway with aMadNomad is just what you need if you’re looking to get away from your usual weekend plans!”