Blowin’ in the Wind
Kumara Parvatha also known as Pushpagiri is the third tallest peak in the western ghats of Karnataka at a height of 1712 m (5624 ft). Apart from being the toughest, it is one of the most beautiful peaks in the whole of western ghats with the peak almost always shrouded in clouds.
The Kumara Parvatha trek goes through the lush green dense shola forest, open grasslands covered with thick green grass & steep rock faces.
This is not a trek for the faint-hearted and those who give up easily but for those who can continue pushing their limits to reach sights that are hard to attain but completely well worth the effort. Once you reach the peak, all the hardships seem justified. With clouds all around and the beautiful panoramic scenery, the view from the peak is mesmerizing.
Day 0 (Friday)
- Start from Bangalore at 10 PM in our mini-bus and get to know your fellow travelers
Day 1 (Saturday)
- Reach the pilgrim town Kukke early in the morning for a heavy traditional breakfast
- We start the Kumara Parvatha trek through the dense Pushpagiri forest range
- Reach Battaramane for Lunch after a steep climb through the jungle
- After some rest under the tree shade, enjoy a beautiful sunset from the top
- Light up a campfire and spend the evening sharing stories and playing games
Day 2 (Sunday)
- Wake up early in the morning and start the trek after breakfast
- This is the toughest part of the trek with steep slopes and open grasslands
- Stop at Shesha Parvatha for breathtaking views and vertical cliffs
- Continue the trek through a small forest and reach Kumara Parvatha peak
- Head back to Battaramane for Lunch and start the trek back to Kukke
- Reach Kukke by late evening and go for temple darshan
- Post dinner we will leave for Bangalore to reach back for your Monday morning routine
Cost: ₹ 3,750
This price is all inclusive of the whole experience. We take care of all your meals, transportation, and accommodation needs.
Things to note
- This is a no frills trip. You will love us if you are looking for an adventurous weekend and making new friends. People looking for a luxury holiday for relaxation, you can give this one a miss.
- All aMadNomad trips follow a strict Leave No Trace policy. Please do not throw any plastic covers, bottles or any other garbage when you are travelling.
- Cash and ATMs: The nearest town is Kukke. Although there are ATMs in Kukke, do carry adequate cash for emergencies.
- Our bus starts from Silk Board Bus Stop and travels via the Outer Ring Road so you can hop on anywhere on the route. The route map will be mailed to you on the completion of the booking.
- Leave your pre-conceived notions behind, travel with an open mind, and you’ll be pleasantly surprised with what you find.
- We strongly recommend that you carry the following with you on the trip. In case you don’t have any of the items mentioned below, please inform us and we will try and arrange it for you.
- Sunscreen, hat
- Trekking Shoes/ Decent Sports Shoes
- Torch with extra batteries (Please avoid using your phones as torches, they drain very fast and then you have neither a torch nor a phone)
- A warm jacket in case it gets cold
- Rainproof clothing in the rainy season
- Insect repellant if you are prone to mosquito bites
- Camera and batteries / charger
- Prescription medicines, if any (No, ganja is not a medicine)
“Kumaraparvata it was!! My first trekking experience.. people said it was going to be strenuous, and yes it indeed was… aMadNomad gang keeps you going, they ensure you don’t regret for having chosen them for the weekend getaway.”
“Anybody looking for crazy experiences, you have reached the right page!! My 1st trekking experience and it could not get any better.. Conquered Kumara Parvatha, looking forward for more such adventures with aMadNomad!!”
“My first trek to KP and you guys made it so memorable… I could add few crazy memories to my book of life because of you guys.. Thanks to aMadNomad!”