Livin’ on the Edge
Mullayanagiri at 6,330 feet is the highest peak in Karnataka and one of the most beautiful too. Lying in the middle of Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary and just 20 kms from Chickmagaluru, the Mullayanagiri Trek has amazing vistas and panoramas to feast your eyes upon.
On this trip you will complete not one but two treks – Mullayanagiri Trek (Sarpadhari to Mullayanagiri) & Baba Budangiri Trek (Baba Budangiri to Kavikal Gandi). The climax for the whole trip is the Blade Ridge where you walk across the ridge with the mountain falling down sharply on both the sides. With a cliff on one side and a steep hillside on the other, it feels like walking along a knife’s edge.
Sitting pretty inside the forest itself, the campsite is as beautiful as they come. With a couple of waterfalls flowing inside the coffee estate itself, you will not feel like coming back from this amazing place.
Day 0 (Friday)
- Start from Bangalore at 10 PM in our mini-bus and get to know your fellow travelers
Day 1 (Saturday)
- Reach our campsite early in the morning and start with a hearty breakfast
- We put on our trekking shoes and start the Mullayanagiri trek
- Explore the hidden caves below the peak where saints have been said to meditate
- Reach the highest point in the state and feel like on top of the world!
- We head down the mountain’s other side now and reach our bus parked below
- After some R&R at the campsite, we explore the amazing coffee estate
- The waterfalls roaring through the campsite make for a fun place to play and relax
- After dinner, we set up our camp right in front of a valley, light up a bonfire and sleep under the stars
Day 2 (Sunday)
- Wake up early to a misty morning and have a yummy breakfast
- Pack up the camp and start for the Baba Budangiri trek
- This trek is the perfect climax as we walk on the Blade Ridge – with a cliff on one side and a steep hillside on the other, it feels like walking along a knife’s edge
- Reach Kavikal Gandi and head from there to our campsite
- Have an absolutely delicious lunch say a tearful goodbye to the campsite
- We head for Bangalore and reach by 10 PM
Cost: ₹ 4,250
This price is all inclusive of the whole experience. We take care of all your meals, transportation, and accommodation needs.
Things to note
- This is a no frills trip. You will love us if you are looking for an adventurous weekend and making new friends. People looking for a luxury holiday for relaxation, you can give this one a miss.
- All aMadNomad trips follow a strict Leave No Trace policy. Please do not throw any plastic covers, bottles or any other garbage when you are travelling.
- Our bus starts from Kalamandir Bus Stop, Marathahalli and travels via the Outer Ring Road so you can hop on anywhere on the route. You can see the route map by clicking here.
- Cash and ATMs: The nearest city to Attigundi is Chickmagaluru. Although there are ATMs in Chickmagaluru, please do carry adequate cash for emergencies.
- Leave your pre-conceived notions behind, travel with an open mind, and you’ll be pleasantly surprised with what you find.
- We strongly recommend that you carry the following with you on the trip. In case you don’t have any of the items mentioned below, please inform us and we will try and arrange it for you.
- Sunscreen, hat
- Trekking Shoes/ Decent Sports Shoes
- Torch with extra batteries (Please avoid using your phones as torches, they drain very fast and then you have neither a torch nor a phone)
- A warm jacket in case it gets cold
- Rainproof clothing in the rainy season
- Insect repellant if you are prone to mosquito bites
- Camera and batteries / charger
- Prescription medicines, if any (And no, ganja is not a medicine :P)
“The Mullayanagiri Trek was not just a weekend trip, it was an amazing experience and lots of awesome memories, that we all will cherish for a long time to come!! Looking forward to a long and a lasting association with you guys.”
“Was looking for a quick getaway for the weekend and hit upon the Mullayanagiri trek with these bunch of mad nomads. And the name is quite true for the experience. There is not a dull moment with this these guys who love to go with the flow. An intensely mad bunch of founder nomads!”
“My first trek with these guys was to a breathtaking place.. The trek was beautifully organised from start to end with all aspects carefully taken care of.. and the organizers (now my buddies) did an amazing job. Thanks aMadNomad for Mullayanagiri”